Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West yard to Outside Main/ Inside passing control
I suggest moving the control switch and direction indicators for the track leading out of the west end of the yard to the control panel for the west end of the yard. There have been several instances when I have been working the West yard and inadvertently entered the outside main after I was told the switch was set for inside passing. Originally I thought just adding indicator lights would be sufficient but the why just add lights when actual control of the track should be in the yard in the first place? I have no idea as to what would be involved in just moving one three way switch and the leds from the current panel to the West Yard panel, but I would think the cost would be minimal.
Larry,

Some great input. Let's look at putting some indicator lights on the yard panel first. Moving or duplicating the switch from the current location would present some problems. The switch is a three position switch and it was designed for use from the panel it is located on.

There may be a simple solution for this if we look at it. But right now I don't see it.

Rex Rutledge